Secondary at AIS:
Acorns International School (AIS) is a candidate school* for the MYP. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
As in PYP, students will continue to drive their learning through units of inquiry but have more focus on individual subject groups. At this stage, the curriculum becomes interdisciplinary as individual subject groups show how they work individually and together depending on the problem being
The focus is more catered to the individual disciplines and how they can interconnect in certain situations. Students will take classes from all of the various subject groups; which include:
- Language acquisition
- Mother Tongue
- Language and literature
- Individuals and societies
- Business Studies
- Design and Technology
- Perfoming Arts (Dance, Drama & Music )
- Visual Arts
- Physical & Health Education
- Physical Education (PE)
- Personal Social and Health Education (PSPE)
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.